February 19, 2004

Planning for my new dog

"Planning for my new dog" is how my boss aptly labeled my day.

This and thats about my "Planning for my new dog day":

i. My cousin is giving me a labrador puppy. I'm soooo excited.

ii. The last time I brought up a puppy, I was heartbroken because when he got bigger, he accidentally swallowed a steel nail. That's why it took so long before I was ready to have a new dog again. His name was Mojacko.

iii. My dog's name is going to be "Fujin", named after the Japanese god of wind (or I think that's what it means. or was it god of air? ). I've always had this affinity for breezes and for breathing. Breezes and breathing just make me feel so at peace. Fujin is also nice because my new dog is a girl. It's the first time I'm going to have a girl dog.

iv. I actually have another dog at home. His name is Max. He's a German Sheperd. I can't play with him though because he has "galis". He looks sickly because he is really thin and he has galis. But though he looks scrawny, he's quite an attack dog, which is a good thing. Thank you, Max, for keeping our house rat-free.

v. I wonder how a mix of a German Sheperd and a labrador will look like.

vi. I want Fujin to be an in-house dog. My dad however doesn't like dogs inside the house. I'm still figuring out what strategy to take to convince my dad to let Fujin inside the house. I think what I'll do is let Fujin stay outside first, toilet-train her, then show my dad that my dog is fit to stay inside the house (Dad, if you're reading this, see how much I want my dog in the house?). What I still don't know is where to put Fujin in the meantime. I don't want her to stay in the same doghouse as Max because she might get his galis.

vii. Since I can't be in the house all the time to toilet-train Fujin, since I'm working and all that, and since our maid doesn't seem too excited about doing the toilet-training themselves (ofcourse, who would be?), I'll give her an incentive by offering her P1,000 a month for taking care of my dog while I'm out at work.

viii. It's such a coincidence that the picture for my blog is a dog (well, actually it's a wolf cub but i don't think anybody will notice unless i point it out).

I'm picking up my new dog this Saturday. I'm sooo sooooooo excited!