February 09, 2004

3 things that make last weekend stand out from the rest

3 things that make last weekend worth remembering:

1) WELCOME TO EARTH, JOSHUA!!!

Last Saturday, my friends Tonichi, Ysabel, and I visited our friend Ate Edlyn who just gave birth. The baby's name is Joshua. He looks really Chinese, just like his mommy. He kept on drinking his dede and also pooing while we were there. Ate Edlyn says its the most Joshua has eaten. Joshua was probably making "pasikat" because he knows there are people watching. He kinda has pointy ears. I guess the poster of Legolas that I gave Ate Edlyn had an effect on Joshua. Come to think of it, I've never seen a Chinese Elf. I wonder if there are any elves in China.

I told Ate Edlyn that I want to be Joshua's ninong (though I'm not really sure if I really do want to be a ninong right now). I'm also still not sure if I'd feel bad if she doesn't actually make me Joshua's ninong.

This is the first time that I ever visited one of my friends who just gave birth. I almost didn't go in the first place. What got me going was that I told myself it would be nice to do something different for a change. I'm glad I went.

2) THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!

For some time now, I've been having waking up in the middle of the night and I think it's partly because there are mischievous ghosts playing around in our house. I'm not sure if there are black entities in my house, though I've heard that the row of houses right across the street from our house is full of them.

In an attempt to exorcise my house and also to again, do something new for a change, I rounded up our 2 maids and our driver, and set-up a little bonfire in our garden.

I got a small flower pot and stuffed it full of stuff I found while cleaning my room the other day. I filled the liffle flower pot with pieces of paper with prayer points from our CLC prayer sessions, comic strips of me and my friends that I doodled while I was bored during NatSci class in college, some of my drawings that I was keeping, my high school Araling Panlipunan notebook, and other little stuff that I kept because they were in one way or another close to my heart. I decided to burn them as an offering to God --- kinda like burning a ram or something. I used some of the incense I got from Christmas to make the bonfire a little more interesting (and hopefully, scare away evil spirits).

I'm not sure it worked. While we were feeding the fire bit by bit, our maid was telling me about a woman in white with long hair that our boy saw in the garden. I got kinda spooked because I think I saw her too before but I dismissed it as my imagination...... I think it's real. I pray for her a lot nowadays. She's not a black entity so I think she'll welcome prayers for her.

3) "Necessity is the mother of all genius"

Last Friday, right before I got into my car to go home, rain started to pour and so I had to rush inside the car. As I was gonna start the engine, I remembered that the wiper on my side somehow got detached the other day while I was cleaning the car. My dad told me to fix it immediately because I'm gonna need it if it suddenly rains. I got as far as five days before the rain finally caught up with me.

I had no idea how to fix that wiper. But I think it's fix the wiper or else commute home or something. So I got into my favorite GAP sailing jacket and proceeded to attempt fixing my wiper. It was probably around 10 minutes before I thought of looking at the other wiper (the one that was fixed) and see if I can figure out how the this fits into that. After tinkering with this and that, I ended up disassembling the other wiper. The story of my life. IF there's a video record of each time something like this has happened to me, I could probably start my own TV show.

I thought, God was probably having a laugh right now. With that, I kinda joined him and started laughing also. There is really something to be said about laughing at yourself in the rain.

It was a good thing though that I ended up disassembing the other wiper... because I figured out how to assemble it. Eventually, I was able to put both wipers back in place and drive home in the rain.

I'm so amazed at how God sets everything up so I'll come out learning something new in the end. This is one of the small things that show me that things will always workout... even if I can't see how they will.