June 28, 2004

Letter to God

Last Thursday, I wrote a letter to God...


Dear God,

I'm in Max's Fried Chicken right now. I kinda have a headache.

I have a meeting in a few minutes. I'm kinda not in a mood to be in a meeting tonight. My head aches. My shoulder aches. My lower back aches. My pain might keep me from being enthusiastic during the meeting.

I've been feeling sort of down in the past few days. Maybe it has something to do with my telling my parents already about my trip to Mindanao.

I don't feel much support from people around me about what I'm going to do. Heck, I don't feel much support from myself right now. I feel like I'm trying to swim upriver, you know?

Did you feel that way, I mean, when you came into this world? Did being God make life easier for you, or did it make it harder?

I'm not planning to save the world or anything. I'm not even sure what exactly I'm doing. I just feel that I need to go away. Something just seems so wrong here. Something seems so wrong with my life.

Did you ever feel this way, or were you always content and fulfilled with your life? What really made your life different from the rest of us?

I guess I just want to know how you handled life. How you handled the pressure. How you handled criticism (Heck, I want to ask you how you handled criticism from your parents, but, I don't think your parents ever criticized you). How did you know what you wanted to do with your life? Were you ever afraid?

I really just want to know --- how human were you? Don't give me those Theology teacher answers though. Give me an answer I can understand.



---------------------------------------
A couple of hours later, I got food poisoned. I threw up a lot, had diarrhea, nausea, then a really high fever.

...

I wonder if that is God's answer to me.